Marketing & Communications Associate
Summary: Advance the Chicago Parks Golf Alliance’s efforts for fundraising and community engagement.
- Create presentations to communicate goals with current golfers at South Shore & Jackson Park, local community residents, and golf industry leaders.
- Engage community members through first-person accounts on the transformative potential of caddying and youth golf programs. Attend community meetings to present on behalf of the Chicago Parks Golf Alliance and expand a network of grass roots supporters.
- Develop marketing collateral for fundraising presentations to individual and corporate philanthropy prospects
- Maintain database for fundraising prospects, tracking existing contacts and researching on additional foundations who provide grants for youth sports and park restoration projects.
- Write update reports for monthly email newsletters. Gather testimonials from peers to communicate their experience of professional growth through caddying and youth golf programs
- Think creatively and speak openly with new ideas to advance short-term and long-term pursuits of the Chicago Parks Golf Alliance
- Bachelors Degree, preferably with marketing/communications focus
- 2-3 years’ experience in sports-related field or not-for-profit sector
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Data Management
- Ability to write clear, concise messages and story reports
- Comfort with public presentations in small and large group settings
- Caddying or youth golf participation during high school or college
The Chicago Parks Golf Alliance is a newly launched Illinois not-for-profit corporation with tax exempt status under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)3. Our mission is to promote sustainable municipal golf and additional youth programs while creating a championship facility at the Chicago Park District’s South Shore and Jackson Park Golf Courses.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.